Top 10 Skincare Resolutions To Keep In 2015
The New Year brings an opportunity to revisit your beauty regime and implement some new rules, along with breaking any bad habits. After the indulgences of the festive season, January is the perfect time to start ensuring you have the skin you deserve and some careful planning now means that come 1st January you can make some resolutions that you actually stick to in 2015.
- Take off your make up at night. A recent survey claims one third of women admitted to sleeping in their make-up at least twice a week. Not fully removing make up or cleaning your face before bed will allow a build up of environmental pollutants, which will only speed up the ageing process
- Exfoliate once or twice a week – to kick start the skin renewal process and brings a new lease of life to your skin
- Wear sunscreen every day – either as a stand-alone product or in your moisturiser. You should ideally also include your hands as they are the first part of your body to show serious signs of ageing
- Show your hands some TLC – they do an amazing job, so go gently and they’ll reward you in years to come
- Make a clean break from the gym. Life is hectic, but make sure you factor in time to take a shower after your spinning class. If not, any perspiration left behind will allow bacteria to breed, which can lead to rashes and breakouts
- Moisturise your body after your shower. Keep your body lotion in the bathroom and apply when your skin is still slightly damp, so it absorbs easily. And give it a few minutes to sink in
- Clean your make up brushes on a regular basis – to avoid any bacteria spreading. And if you do have a break out, use a great spot treatment, such as Clarity (insert link) and avoid touching your face or picking spots, as it is likely to make things worse
- If you don’t already, introduce an eye cream into your daily routine. You will notice a difference. Or if you come across a wonder product for a specific issue, splash out and treat yourself. You’re worth it!
- Stick with it. An effective treatment can take up to 6 weeks to make an impact
- Be kind to your skin and you will reap the benefits.